This is a great little bag for giving gift cards or little treats either alone or by attaching to presents. I used this one to include a specialty Keurig coffee cup to a present. And, Bonus! the Merry Christmas tag also acts as a gift tag.
The muslin bags are purchased. The ink should be allowed to dry before handling; I waited 24 hours to be absolutely sure. I stamped one ornament and punched it along with a second one to use as the tag for writing on. This idea was cased with a few tweaks for my purposes.
- Stamp set: Calm Christmas, Best of Christmas
- Punch: Ornament
- Ink: Chocolate Chip
- Ribbon: Pool Party Seam Binding ribbon; White Organza ribbon; 1 1/4″ Burlap ribbon
- Embellishments: Vintage Trinkets and Accents
These bags are a great easy and fast way to wrap a gift card and they just look so rustic and pretty. I did case this idea from another demo.
There is just something so cute about little 3×3 cards. They’re flexible, versatile, and just the right size. Whether you need a little card to tuck in a lunch or add to bouquet of flowers, or attach to a gift — they are perfect — And! So much fun to make!! Yesterday I made three. I hope you enjoy them.
My daughter’s best friend, Rachel, is having her birthday bash this weekend. Shannon spent a lot of time coming up with the perfect gift for her friend and has put together a beautiful basket of goodies. Part of the present is two gift cards and Shannon asked if I would create gift card holders for them. What a perfect opportunity to make the holder based on the technique video I had posted back on Feb 28, 2013.
Since then, I have discovered another holder that I wanted to try. So.. this post showcases both of my creations along with the video for the gift card holder envelope that I recently came across. And, incase you missed my previous post with the video for the gift card holder… you can find it HERE (will open in a new window.) I have updated that post to include the paper sizes and scoring marks for convenience.
Card Holder 1, My version:
Gift Card Holder Envelope
I really like this version too. It’s got a pretty little band to keep it closed and I found that it lent itself to a lot of creative options.
Paper sizes and score marks
- Paper size: Envelope: 5 1/4″ x 6″
- Paper size: Band: 1″ x 6″
- Score marks on envelope: on the 5 1/2″ side, score at 3/4″ and 4 1/2″ ; on 6″ side, score at 1 1/4″ and 3 3/4″
This is my version:
And now for my recipes 🙂
Card holder 1:
- Cardstock: Island Indigo; Silver Glimmer paper
- DSP: Party Patio
- Big Shot & Punches: Pinwheel sizzlit; corner rounder
- Embelishments: Whisper white taffeta ribbon; Island Indigo 1/4″ Sycamore Street (2013SAB) ribbon; mini brads
- Adhesive: Snail; Sticky Strips; Sticky Dots
Card holder 2:
- DSP: Pattern Stack Brights collection; International Bazaar; Attic Boutique (discontinued)
- Ink: Crumb Cake
- Stamps: Itty Bitty Banners
- Big Shot & Punches: Bigz alphabet typeset; Hearts a Flutter framelits; Bitty Banner framelits; butterfly punch; corner rounder
- Embellishments: Jewels basic rhinestones
- Adhesive: Snail; Sticky Dots