Sketching may be familiar to you, but to me, it’s a marvelous brand new inspiration source and I am loving it! I’m loving it so much that I want to share it with you.
This is the Sunday Sketch for this week, courtesy of retro sketches. If you’d like to participate in their sketch challenge, the following information is posted with their challenge:
- The linky closes at 11:59pm Central on Friday, February 1st, 2012.
- You MUST use the sketch. If we cannot see the main elements of the sketch, your project might be removed or at the least, not eligible for winning or getting a shout out!
- Enter as often as you like with a different project each time.
- You are welcome to combine challenges.
- HAVE FUN!!!
For more information, samples, and to link your creation, click on the sketch image above to visit their site.. and good luck! 🙂
I spent last night in my craftroom using the sketch as my guide.. this is what I came up with (please excuse my terrible photography — I’m still figuring out how to take nice pictures.)
With the exception of the Paris paper tape, everything else was done using Stampin’ Up! products.
- Stamp sets – Loving Thoughts; Artistic Etchings
- Card stock – night of navy; real red; river rock; Attic Boutique DSP (discontinued)
- Punches – decorative label; mini curly label (SAB); ticket duo
- Dies – adorning accents edgelits
- Embellishments – vintage designer buttons; early espresso bakers twine; artisan embellishments kit
- Ink – raspberry ripple; versamark
- Embossing powder – gold
- Adhesive – SNAIL adhesive™; Glue Dots®; Stampin’ Dimensionals®
- Decorative paper tape, Paris by Cavallini & Co.